This is a recipe I found via Pinterest and I tweaked it a little. You can find the original recipe at Rainstorms and Love Notes. I didn't have any brown rice, so used white Minute Rice. I also reduced the garlic powder from 1 tbsp to 1 tsp, as my family doesn't like the taste. I ran out of sesame seeds, so left those out and it still tasted fine. I know, silly to make sesame chicken without sesame seeds. That'll teach me to check ingredients before starting a new recipe!
- 4 chicken tenderloins, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- sesame seeds, to taste
- 1 cup Minute Rice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, and garlic powder.
- Whisk until well combined, then stir in the chicken pieces.
- Pour into a shallow baking dish, cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and sprinkle the chicken with sesame seeds.
- Bake, uncovered, for another 5-10 minutes.
- Prepare the rice, then top immediately with the chicken.
While not our favorite new recipe, will definitely add this to our rotation! A little sweet tasting, but good overall!