Friday, March 13, 2015

Sesame Chicken Recipe

Sesame Chicken recipe | aka Terri

Sesame Chicken

This is a recipe I found via Pinterest and I tweaked it a little. You can find the original recipe at Rainstorms and Love Notes. I didn't have any brown rice, so used white Minute Rice. I also reduced the garlic powder from 1 tbsp to 1 tsp, as my family doesn't like the taste. I ran out of sesame seeds, so left those out and it still tasted fine. I know, silly to make sesame chicken without sesame seeds. That'll teach me to check ingredients before starting a new recipe!

Ingredients:

  • 4 chicken tenderloins, cut into small pieces
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/4 cup brown sugar
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • sesame seeds, to taste
  • 1 cup Minute Rice

Instructions: 

  • Preheat oven to 350.
  • In a small bowl, combine the honey, brown sugar, soy sauce, and garlic powder.
  • Whisk until well combined, then stir in the chicken pieces.
  • Pour into a shallow baking dish, cover with foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
  • Uncover and sprinkle the chicken with sesame seeds.
  • Bake, uncovered, for another 5-10 minutes.
  • Prepare the rice, then top immediately with the chicken.

Serves 2


While not our favorite new recipe, will definitely add this to our rotation! A little sweet tasting, but good overall!