Sunday, November 23, 2014

Escape Monthly Hawaii - November 2014

Escape Monthly Hawaii

Escape Monthly is a monthly subscription service that brings you a taste of a vacation destination, a literal vacation in a box! Normally $49.95 per month, they also have a mini-box for $24.95. Half the size of a regular box, but just as much fun! I thought about ordering a mini box, but they sent me an email with a really good deal for the full size box, so I signed up for that one instead. 

Escape Monthly Hawaii
The information pamphlet

Escape Monthly Hawaii
First look at my Hawaiian goodies! I was really excited about this box because I've been to Hawaii twice and loved it!

Moon Maui travel guide and Seashell Lei
Moon Maui travel guide and Seashell Lei bonus item
I really wish that they would make the guidebooks optional, as I'm never going to use them. And the seashell lei was a disappointment, as stores were handing these out left and right everywhere!

Hawaiian Host Kona Glazed Macadamia Nuts
Hawaiian Host Kona Glazed Macadamia Nuts
While I like macadamia nuts okay, I don't like the taste of coffee so will be passing these along to one of my coffee-loving friends.

Royal Hawaiian Orchards Blueberry Pomegranate Macadamia Crunch
Royal Hawaiian Orchards Blueberry Pomegranate Macadamia Crunch
The info card says I was supposed to receive a different flavor, but they're not bad. A little heavy on the nuts and light on the fruit, but still tasty.

Personal Paradise Noni Papaya Pineapple body lotion & shampoo
Personal Paradise Noni Papaya Pineapple body lotion & shampoo 
The scent isn't overly strong, but pleasant. I think I might actually use these as I like the smell of pineapple.

Hawaiian Rainforest Naturals Stress Release Bath Crystals
Hawaiian Rainforest Naturals Stress Release Bath Crystals
I'm more of a shower person, so will pass these along to someone who enjoys baths.

Honey Girl face & eye cream gift bundle
Honey Girl face & eye cream gift bundle
Didn't realize until just now that the big jar is upside down! Oops! I don't really care for the scent of the face cream, as it has a weird medicinal smell to it. The eye cream doesn't smell as bad, but I've never been much of an eye cream fan as I believe that regular face cream works just as well.


I've been a little disappointed with the last two month's boxes, as I've been to both places and could have easily put together a better box. Next month's destination is Europe and promises a luxury European Christmas, so we'll see. If they don't step up their game, I'm going to cancel.