Friday, August 2, 2013

July Little Black Bag

Little Black Bag is a subscription service with a twist: after you place your order, you can trade items with other customers. LBB used to be a lot more fun and people were willing to make trades, but things really slowed down after they changed their business model. Seems like they're tweaking their business model yet again, as they're losing customers. 

I haven't seen anything worth opening a bag for lately, and am seriously considering cancelling my account. I opened this bag as I received a code for an extra item due to a previous complaint. Only cost me $17.90 and they upgraded my shipping, so not bad. Still think I'm going to cancel, as I'm tired of having to contact customer service with almost every bag ordered.

Little Black BagLittle Black Bag
I just don't understand their packing philosophy! Nice big box with a little wrapped package sitting on top of packing paper. Why not use a smaller box? Or a padded envelope? What a waste. *shakes head*

July goodies
July goodies!

Mata Traders Connected Circles earrings
Mata Traders Connected Circles earrings. These were larger than I expected, but it's my own fault for not checking the size before submitting my trade offer. I thought they were going to be small, cute little earring, but they're large statement earrings. Still nice, but not for everyday wear.

NUME Hydro Punch Shampoo
NuMe Hydro Punch Shampoo. This was the free VIP bonus item for July and wasn't tradable. 

PIXI Lip Blush
Pixi lip blush in Energy. I opened my bag with this, as I love Pixi lip blushes! Energy is a light coral that looks great!

PIXI Endless Silky Eye Pen
Pixi Endless Silky eye pen in deep plum. I traded for this one, as plum sounds like a fun color to try for the summer! Haven't tried it yet, but think I'm going to love it!


Not a bad haul for under $18, but most of the trade offers I received were both ridiculous and frustrating! Frustrating because no one would accept any of my trade-up offers and my inbox was full of ridiculous offers that no one in their right mind would accept. My only accepted trades were for even value or below. Pretty sure the thrill is gone....