Monday, August 12, 2013

Julep Golden Mystery Box

Julep is a monthly subscription service whose main focus is nail polish. You take a style quiz in order to best match your preferences, then receive a box of nail polish every month. Some profiles are polish only and some have beauty items such as skin care or make-up. The subscription is $19.99 per month, but there is usually a code floating around to get your first box free (just pay shipping).

Julep
I have a weakness for mystery boxes and can't seem to resist ordering them. Despite being disappointed time and time again, I ordered the Golden Mystery Box. Was going to skip this one, but there was a 30% discount code which brought the price down to $20.99, so couldn't resist!

Julep
First look at my Golden Box!

Julep
Golden Box goodies!

Julep Golden Mystery Box
The bonus item in the box was taffy. It was good, but not sure what it was doing in a nail polish box.

Julep Golden Mystery Box
Hair ties. Have no use for these, so they'll go on my swap board.

Julep Golden Mystery Box
Julep Oxygen Treatment. Haven't tried this yet, but have heard some good things about it.

Julep Golden Mystery Box
Julep Everyday SPF 30 Hand Cream. I have no need for more hand cream, so this will be up for swap as well.

Julep Golden Mystery Box
Coco, Alfre, January, and Fina.

Not a terrible box, but I have no use for the hair ties or hand cream, and not really thrilled with the nail polish received. I've had Alfre on my wishlist for awhile, but don't like January. Coco is a bit dark for me, and I have mixed feelings about Fina. Unless they drop the price, this will be my last mystery box.

Did you subscribe to Julep? What do you think of their mystery boxes? I love the idea of getting surprises, but keep being disappointed with what I receive. Part of that is probably box envy, as other people seem to get awesome boxes! :(