Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Ipsy August Bag

Ipsy is a beauty subscription box where you receive a beautiful Glam Bag full of deluxe samples and full-sized beauty products every month. Getting a different makeup bag every month seems to be popular with subscribers, but I'm still not sure what I'm going to do with all these different bags. It's only $10 a month, so overall I think it's a good deal.

Ipsy August Bag
My August bag! 

MicaBeauty eye shadow
MicaBeauty loose eye shadow in Bronze. MicaBeauty Mineral Eyeshadows are extremely gentle, free of preservatives, chemicals, dyes, talc, oils, and other fillers. With this unique formula, the eyeshadows will look ultra smooth and stay put for hours without creasing or pulling the delicate eye area. Can be mixed with clear lip-gloss, clear mascara, and clear nail polish to add pigment to lips, eyelashes and nails!

Chella eyebrow pencil
Chella Dazzling Dark Brown Eyebrow pencil. This European-designed mechanical pencil has a creamy consistency that glides into place creating a beautiful, fuller looking brow. The fine tip allows you to create hair-like strokes and can also be lightly smudged for a more natural look.

Michael Todd facial scrub
Michael Todd Jojoba Charcoal Facial Scrub. The Jojoba Charcoal Gentle Exfoliating Facial Scrub is formulated using the powers of Jojoba Wax Beads and Activated Charcoal. This mask effectively removes dead skin, impurities and toxins, but is gentle enough for sensitive and acne prone skin types. Jojoba Wax Beads provide gentle exfoliation without leaving microlacerations on delicate skin. Highly absorbent Activated Charcoal penetrates deeply into pores to draw out impurities and toxins. Also refines texture and encourages skin renewal, leaving skin smooth and refreshed.

Noya lip balm
Noya natural lip balm in vanilla. The noya Lip Balm is a lightweight, all-natural formula that moisturizes, smooths, softens your lips and packs a full punch of flavor. And because it’s natural, you can lick your lips as much as you want - and trust us, you’ll want to often.

Pixi mascara
Pixi Beauty Lash Booster Mascara in Blackest Black. This unique mascara truly boosts your lashes, giving them a "push-up" effect that lasts all day. The dense, rich formula coats lashes with maximum pigment, for long-lasting full color and the cone-shaped brush coats each lash evenly. Long lasting, smudge-free and waterproof.


I like Ipsy as it introduces me to items I might never try on my own, but it also sends me items I know I'll never try. I've never used loose eye shadow before so might give that one a try, but I know I don't like black mascara or eyebrow pencils, so those are going onto my swap board. I have enough lip balm to last me the rest of my life, so will probably give that one away. As for the facial scrub, I think I'll give it a try. 

Nothing really wowed me this month and with only 2 out of 5 items that I'll even consider trying, think I'm going to finally bite the bullet and cancel my subscription. Of course next month will probably be an amazing bag and I'll regret it! Ha!