Thursday, August 15, 2013

August Birchbox

Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription where you receive a mix of beauty products (samples and full size). At only $10 per month, it's a great deal! 

BirchboxBirchbox
I love how Birchbox is always a box within a box. And they're good, sturdy boxes too! This month's theme is "Finishing School", and this month they are collaborating with Ann Taylor on a guide to fall's best accessory trends.

BirchboxBirchbox
First looks!

August Birchbox
My August box

Tan Towel
My Beauty Extra this month is a Tan Towel. A streak-free self-tanning wipe for fair to medium tans. It also exfoliates and moisturizes. Surprisingly, this is not the first tanning wipe I've received in a beauty box. Not so surprisingly, I won't use it so will put it on my swap board.

Juice Beauty moisturizer
Juice Beauty oil-free moisturizer. Oil-free lotion hydrates oily and blemish-prone skin with natural antioxidants and hyaluronic acid. I think I have enough moisturizers to last me a lifetime, so this may go on my swap board as well. At 0.5 fl oz, it's a nice size for a sample.

Stila liquid lipstick
Stila Stay All Day liquid lipstick. Longlasting liquid lipstick in a wearable red that glides on like a gloss but stays put like a stain. I love lipsticks and stains, so this one is a keeper!

Fresh Feet wipes
Fresh Feet Wipes by Jasmine Seven. Alcohol-free towelettes that cleanse and soften with vitamin E, peppermint, and aloe. Have never tried foot wipes and it seems like an odd choice to include in a beauty box, but sure could have used this back when I was a cashier!

eye shadow
Coastal Scents eye shadow. Four complimentary shades that can be worn alone or layered for a smoky look. These are tiny samples, but I haven't opened it yet so not sure yet about the pigmentation. Pretty colors, so I may keep this one for myself.

There was also a postcard-like collection with the promised Ann Taylor guide to trends. With a coupon for Ann Taylor items as well! Not a bad deal if you like Ann Taylor.


Did you receive Birchbox this month? If so, what did you get and, more importantly, did you like it? I haven't been thrilled with my boxes lately, but keep hoping that the next box will be The One.