Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Skinny Chunky Monkey Cookies


Skinny Chunky Monkey Cookies
image from http://onceamonthmom.com
Scrolling through my Facebook timeline the other day, I saw a recipe where the first ingredient was 3 ripe bananas. I happened to have 3 ripe bananas, so decided to give it a try. Wish I had thought to write down who posted the recipe, but I'm a spaz. Whoever you are, thank you!

Hershey's cocoaoats, peanut butter, vanilla extract

Had most of the ingredients in my pantry, but had to pick up some old fashioned oats and a jar of applesauce.

Skinny Chunky Monkey CookiesSkinny Chunky Monkey Cookies

Directions weren't too hard. Mash the bananas, then add the oats and the rest of the ingredients.

Skinny Chunky Monkey Cookies

Drop by teaspoonful onto baking sheet.

Skinny Chunky Monkey Cookies

Let cool and enjoy!

The cookies didn't spread the way other cookies do, so I shaped the next batch so they wouldn't be so high. The cookies were soft, even after cooling. Not bad for diet cookies (less than 50 calories per cookie), but I prefer sweeter treats so don't think these are for me. 


Ingredients:
3 ripe bananas
2 cups old-fashioned oats
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp. vanilla extract

Directions: 
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Mash bananas in a large bowl, then stir in remaining ingredients.
Let batter stand for approximately 20 minutes, then drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake 10-12 minutes.

Serves: 30

2 comments:

  1. These look like no bake cookies! They look really yummy too :)

    Reviews Until You Drop

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think my Sweet Tooth is too strong, as these just weren't sweet enough for my taste. They weren't bad, just not for me. :)

    ReplyDelete