Friday, July 19, 2013

July Birchbox

Birchbox is a monthly subscription box where for $10 per month, you receive a mix of beauty products (some samples and some full-size). This month’s theme is Power Play, and the box is dedicated to helping you take control of any situation, and to make the most of every minute - on the clock or off duty.

Birchbox
I really like the boxes that Birchbox uses, as they're nice and sturdy!

BirchboxBirchbox
First look at July's goodies!

Ceramidin Cream
Dr. Jart+ Ceramidin Cream: combats roughness, redness, and irritation and moisturizes for up to 26 hours.

Color Club nail polish
Color Club nail polish in London Calling. While I don't think I have any mint green polish, I'm not really a fan of Color Club and a little annoyed that I received it again in this box. Granted, it's a different color than last month, but I wish they had sent me something else instead.

Party Proof lipstick
Party Proof lipstick in Peony. I'm not sure about this color yet, as it's a little bright for me. Might be fun for summer though, so I'll give it a try.

lotion sample
Caudalie Divine Legs tinted body lotion. This is a no for me, as I'm not putting tinted lotion on my legs! 

bobbypins
The beauty extra this month is two bobbypins. I haven't worn bobbypins in years. This will be thrown in with one of my future swaps as a bonus, as I know I won't use them.

Postcard promoting a TV show called Suits. I'm not sure how I feel about something that's basically an ad being included in the box. Doesn't feel right, as I'm paying for the box so why include advertising?

Think I'm going to skip the next box, as nothing this month really thrilled me. The bobbypins were actually a turn-off, just like the ad postcard. I think that the thrill is gone.