Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Treatsie Box - May

aka Terri

Treatsie is a new subscription service where you'll receive artisan candy from different vendors every month. I love candy and I love chocolate, so couldn't resist signing up for this one to see what it was like!

aka Terriaka Terri
Was impressed with the packaging, as I was worried that the candy might melt in the heat. The box came in a silver insulated envelope, inside of a white plastic envelope, with a little coldpack inside. 
 
aka Terri
The box is nice and sturdy, so can definitely save it for future use! I love a nice sturdy box!

aka Terriaka Terri
First look! Call me shallow, but I really like it when the items are wrapped in tissue paper. It's like opening a present! There was no information card in the box, but their website has detailed descriptions and links for purchase.

aka Terri
Received two samples of Nutwhats Scribbles, one in Cashew Coconut and one in Pecan. They're described as rich, buttery nuggets scribbled with chocolate.  Both of these were soooo good that I'm glad the bags weren't bigger, or I wouldn't have been able to stop! SO good!

aka Terri
Loblolly Creamery's Honey Vanilla Marshmallow. I haven't tried these yet as I'm not really a big fan of marshmallows,  but I'm intrigued by the honey & vanilla flavor. Will try them soon.

aka Terri
 Received three samples from the Caramel House:  Naked Turtle Caramel, Vanilla Caramel, and Beer & Pretzel Caramel. All three were good, but I liked the Turtle flavor the best. All were creamy, just like a good caramel should be!


While I enjoyed the candy, I'm not sure that it's worth $15 a month. We basically received three items, with different flavors. I know that artisan candy is more expensive, but I'm on a budget and happy enough with the candy I can get at the drugstore. Plus, the caramels and scribbles both had nuts in them. DH doesn't like nuts, so couldn't sample this batch. I think I'll give this subscription one more month before making a final decision on if it's a keeper or not.

Did you receive a Treatsie box last month? If so, I'd love to know what you thought!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds really cool! I've heard of makeup boxes and nutritious snack boxes, but never candy ones!
    littlejessybee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one and the Goodies box are the only ones I've come across that aren't nutritious. There might be more out there, but these are the only two I've found so far. So good!

    ReplyDelete