Monday, June 10, 2013

Salma Hayek Nuance box from Birchbox

Birchbox had a special box last month in addition to their regular box, but only sent it to certain subscribers. I was lucky enough to receive one of the boxes, full of great products from Salma Hayek's new Nuance line!

aka Terriaka Terri
The red box took me a little by surprise, as I had actually forgotten about the Nuance box. Not everyone who opted in would receive a box and with the way my luck has been running lately, I assumed I wouldn't receive one. Love being proved wrong! 

aka Terri
First look

aka Terri
The Nuance products by Salma Hayek.

aka Terri
Full size bottle of My Secret Super Moisturizing Body Cream. As per the info:  This potent salve soothes and nourishes even the scaliest of skin. Based on a tried-and-true family recipe, the combination of shea butter, honey and macadamia seed oil provides moisturizing relief, while acai and passion flower calm irritation.

Love this full size bottle! Not too greasy, and the scent isn't too overpowering. Very pleased with this one!

aka Terri
Another full size item, the 3-in-1 eye trio. Per the info:  There are times when a swipe of mascara will do - and other moments that call for more serious eye makeup. Luckily, this 3-in-1 stacked shadow, liner, and highlighter has you covered 24-7. Plus, it’s infused with nourishing vitamin E.

Haven't used this yet, but it looks intriguing!

aka Terri
Nice sized samples of Mamey Fruit Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner. The shampoo: Corn silk extract gently cleanses, tropical mamey thickens and conditions limp locks, and antioxidant-rich soy protein and horsetail herb boost body and shine. The conditioner: Formulated specifically for fine hair, this rich, shea butter- and olive oilinfused conditioner is the perfect cure for dry, damaged tresses. Sweet mamey fruit boosts body and stimulates hair growth, while acai, passion fruit and rice bran oil leave locks soft and shiny.

The shampoo was just meh for me, as I had to shampoo twice before my scalp felt clean. I like my shampoos to lather and this one wasn't as foamy as I like. The conditioner was okay and easy to rinse out, but I still had to use a detangler afterwards. Not for me.

aka Terri
The last item in my box was this AM/PM Antiaging Super Cream. Ancient Mayans dubbed tepezcohuite the “skin tree” for its natural healing and rejuvenating properties. The bark is rich in antioxidants and antiaging flavonoids - plus it has antimicrobial, antifungal, and antibacterial properties. No wonder, then, that Ms. Hayek harnessed the ingredient in this rich moisturizer for day and night.

I like the moisturizing creme and anything anti-aging is always a good idea, but how do you tell if it works or not? I usually use Olay Regenerist and like how it makes my skin feel, so will probably stick with that after this sample is gone.  

Did you receive the Nuance sampler from Birchbox? What did you think?

2 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous that you got this box! It looks like there was a lot of good products in it.

    http://reviewsuntilyoudrop.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love subscription boxes :) This one looked really good!

    xoxo
    Essie
    www.DeJour06.com

    ReplyDelete