Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Julep Hooray for May Mystery Box

Julep is a subscription service whose main focus is on nail polish. They've started to branch out into skincare and make-up, but I prefer their nail polish. I keep saying that I'm going to stop ordering their mystery boxes but I can't seem to resist, no matter how disappointing my boxes have been.

akaterri.blogspot.com
Have to admit that I got really excited when I saw the size of this box! Thought that my luck had finally changed and I was the lucky recipient of one of the big boxes! Especially since I had a hard time getting it out of my mailbox, as it was really jammed in there.

akaterri.blogspot.com
Sad to say that the big box was misleading. I received box #4.

akaterri.blogspot.com
First look. At least it's pretty, with blue shredded paper, rose tissue paper, and the nail polish inside the usual green paper bag.

akaterri.blogspot.com
Julep was having a special promo that if you ordered $25 or more, you'd get a free bottle of Annie polish. The mystery box was $24.99, so I added the $4 tote bag because I really wanted Annie.

akaterri.blogspot.com
While I'm still not happy that the mystery boxes cost $24.99 now, I do like that this one was polish only. They threw in another sample of Rock Star hand creme, but I haven't tried it yet.

akaterri.blogspot.com
Korin, Emmanuelle, Vera, Kylie, and Audrey.

akaterri.blogspot.comakaterri.blogspot.com
Part of this mystery box was a bonus polish in a gift bag, suitable for gift giving or to keep for yourself. I received Zelda in my bonus bag. The blue polish is my free bottle of Annie.

I really, really need to stop ordering mystery boxes because they always seem to disappoint. Emmanuelle is a duplicate, and I don't really like Korin, Vera, or Audrey. Kylie is a little dark for me, but I'll give it a try. Haven't made up my mind about Zelda.

Did you receive the Hooray for May mystery box? Were you happy with the colors you received? Can you please stage an intervention so I stop ordering them?

2 comments:

  1. I skipped this mystery box. But I do have "Annie" and I LOVE it!!!

    Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to see swatches!

    xoxo
    Essie
    www.DeJour06.com

    ReplyDelete