Thursday, May 23, 2013

April Little Black Bag

aka Terri

Little Black Bag is a subscription service with a twist: after you place your order, you can trade items with other customers. I've noticed that since LBB changed their business model from a set price ($29.95 or $49.95) to individual pricing, trading has really slowed down. I don't blame anyone, as I wouldn't want to trade my $60 purse for a $20 pair of earrings either. It's a shame, because the trading was what made LBB unique and fun. 

aka Terriaka Terri

For some reason, I always get a little thrill when I see the LBB box at my front door! I've never gotten the old-school tissue paper wrapped around my items, but it's just laid on top. Wrapping the items like a gift sounds nice, but I can understand why they don't do that any more as it has to take too much time.

aka Terri

My goodies! I got lucky and was able to trade for some items I really wanted, but had to be patient because it took hours to get a decent trade. The seven day trading period really made a difference, as I didn't receive very many offers at all. I had to put out literally hundreds of offers to increase the value of my bag so I could offer good trades for the things I really wanted. Very pleased with the final results!

aka Terri

I had this Rain beaded bracelet in my last bag, but traded it away and couldn't get it back in time. So happy when I managed to get hold of one, and no way was I going to let it go again!

aka Terri

These Robert Rose diamond scaled earrings looked cool in the pictures, but they're huge! I like how they're individual diamonds so there's lots of movement, but they're very much a statement earring and not an everyday pair. At least, not for me. Still, glad I got them as they're cool!

aka Terri

I don't usually like gold jewelry, but thought this pair of BCBG earrings was unique enough to take a chance on. Plus, it was my last day of trading and I had an item I didn't really like that I wanted to get rid of, so what the heck. 

aka Terriaka Terri

Two bonus items from previous months that I decided I wanted to grab if at all possible. I managed to snag two pairs of these footies, but they only sent me one. Customer Service was awesome though and sent me out the second pair without giving me any grief! And the chocolate bar was huge! Not an overly strong peppermint taste, but very tasty! Glad I was able to snag these, especially since there were only a couple of chocolate bars left!

Also got a bottle of Sebastian hair spray, but forgot to take an individual picture of it. This was a full size bottle instead of the normal sample, so no way was I going to trade it away!


Overall, very pleased with the results of my bag. I got lucky and was able to trade for items I really wanted (bracelet, socks, and chocolate), and didn't hate the remaining items. 

Not enjoying the trading atmosphere though, as 90% of the offers I received were borderline insulting. I mean, really! Who in their right mind would trade a $30 item for a $5 beauty sample? And no one seemed willing to accept a decent trade offer and seemed to want the moon in exchange! Hello? I'm not giving you a $40 necklace for your $17 hair spray! Anyone else on LBB? What do you think of the new system and how it's affected trading? Or am I just a lousy trader? *L*