Saturday, April 20, 2013

Wantable - April Box

Wantable is the most expensive subscription box I've signed up for, but couldn't resist giving it a try after reading nothing but rave reviews about their products and service! They offer both makeup and jewelry subscriptions, both personalized to your taste via a short quiz. I'm really picky about jewelry, so opted for the makeup box. The cost is $40 for one box or $36 per month for a subscription. I used eBates to receive 10% cash back on my subscription.

http://akaterri.blogspot.com/
Thank you!
First thing I saw when I opened the box was a Thank You card! Nice!


http://akaterri.blogspot.com/
first look
Everything was well wrapped in pretty black tissue paper, sealed with a Wantable sticker. I think it's the little things like this that shows that a company cares.


http://akaterri.blogspot.com/
my box

My items:

  • 29 Cosmetics Reserve Moisturizing lipstick in Stompin' Grapes ($25) - Helps the lips appear smooth and moisturized while visibly easing the signs of aging. 
  • Swagger Cosmetics bronzer in Beach Date ($14.50) - Created for light to medium skin tones, this soft-matte bronzer that's perfect for an all over glow or light contouring with its natural finish and neutral tone. 
  • Mia BelleZZa blush in Allure ($18.50) - With skin soothing Vitamins A, C, and E. Hypoallergenic, Oil free, Dye free, Talc free, Fragrance free.  
  • Color Club nail polish in He Loves Me ($8) - This soft pink is the perfect companion for all your looks this Spring.
  • Cailyn Cosmetics Natural Angled Blush Brush ($18) - A small, soft, angled brush head for perfectly sculpted cheeks.
  • La Fresh Makeup Remover Wipes ($0) - This moisturized formula with vitamin E dissolves makeup from eyes, lips, and face in a snap!

Not really a pink polish kind of girl, but will give it a try and it looks like a cute summer shade. The lipstick is a nice color, and very moisturizing! Haven't tried the other items yet, but looking forward to experimenting!

According to my information sheet and online research, the items in my box added up to an $84 value. Not bad for $36, but I didn't notice until now that the items didn't match up with what I was supposed to receive. The Mia BelleZZa and Swagger weren't on my packing list, and I was missing a bronzer from 29 Cosmetics. I emailed customer service, so will be curious to see if they live up to all of the rave reviews.