Monday, April 1, 2013

March Out of the Box Sampler

aka Terri

I discovered Out of the Box Sampler on the MakeupTalk.com group listings. It's not a subscription box, but they do offer different boxes every month for purchase. Sort of like Cravebox. 

As stated on their website:  Each month we put together boxes filled to the brim with 17-18 (and sometimes more) different businesses' samples for you to enjoy. The boxes overflow with items like melts, scrubs, bath, body, tarts, candles, gourmet foods, jewelry, coupons, discounts, cards and much more, from some of the best e-tailers on the web.

The theme for March was Jelly Beans Easter Sampler. I decided to buy the mini-sampler for $14.95 instead of the regular box ($25). They also had a Death by Chocolate box, but that one went fast!

aka Terri

This is what the contents looked like after unpacking. Loved that most of the items were in Easter grab bags. Very cute and festive!

aka Terri
Received four Chocolate Rhapsody cookies from Sweets for the Sweet. This was one of the first things I saw in the box, and the first to disappear! A delicious dark chocolate cookie with strawberry and raspberry bits. Yum!

aka Terri

Going clockwise from the lower left:  Life by Chocolate whipped organic cocoa body butter in lavender by Momoko; scented wax tart in butter brickle by Candle Confectionery; aloe & green tea soap by Taryn's Treasures; and wax tart in pink watermelon by Ugly Duckling Designs. Both of the wax tarts smell awesome, but I feel like a giant doofus because I didn't really know what a tart was. Had to ask, and Michelle from Candle Confectionery was kind enough to explain it to me (without making me feel like a giant loser). Thanks Michelle!

aka Terri

Shamrock lollipop by Ju-C Suckers and two chocolate bunnies by All Things Cake Pops.

aka Terri

Clockwise:  purple heart pin by Eclectic Aims; Love Spray sample from Joie Joelle Creations; and pink bead earrings by The Jewelery Box.

aka Terri

Green ribbon fairy necklace by Kyote's Kreations and glass trade bead necklace by Laurel Jacobs. I'm assuming the glass bead is supposed to be a necklace, but the two ends of the string don't have a clasp. Thinking about putting a knot in it and using as a sun catcher.

aka Terri

A sample of Wow That's Hot Spice Blend by Alexia Coffee, Tea and Spice Company and two gift tags from Caffeinated Papercuts.

Really enjoyed this box and think I definitely got my moneys worth! While I'm not a big fan of handmade jewelry, I loved the wax tarts, cookies, and the candy! And I know I'll use the gift tags and soap as well. Loved opening everything up as it was like Christmas! Depending on what boxes I have coming next month, I'm thinking about ordering April's box.

I'd recommend trying Out of the Box Sampler, as it's a great way to discover small businesses!

2 comments:

  1. That is a really cute box and a great deal. I like you wouldn't use all of it but do I ever in a box? Hopefully you can regift what you don't want or trade for something you can use. :)

    ReplyDelete