Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Julep February Mystery Box - polish reviews

Julep Cupid's Mystery Box
Taking pictures of nail polish, whether in the bottle or on my nails, is harder than expected! But wanted to give it a try and post my thoughts on Julep polish, my first nail polish subscription box. Getting a decent shot showing the true color didn't always happen, so open to suggestions!

Evangeline 

http://akaterri.blogspot.com
two coats of Evangeline

A holographic polish in a pretty copper color. Like this color more than expected, but not seeing the holographic qualities. Will probably wear this one again, but will use a base coat next time as it left a slight stain on my nails.

Charlotte 

http://akaterri.blogspot.com
two coats of Charlotte

A smoky violet creme from the Boho Glam collection. My first impression when I saw this one was that it was too dark, so I was surprised how much I liked it once it was on my nails! I used two coats, but no top coat. It started to chip after two days, which is one of the reasons I prefer lighter polish (you don't notice the chips as much!). This color may actually convince me to start using a top coat, as I really like it! And even better, it came right off with one swipe of nail polish remover! That's unusual for me with darker colors.

Rose 



A watermelon red creme from the Classic With A Twist collection. Frankly, I'm hesitant to try this one as I'm not a big fan of red polish. Don't want to try it and hate it, then not be able to give it away because it's used. Think I'm going to keep it unopened for now so I can give it away later.

Emma 

AKATerri.blogspot.com
two coats of Emma polish
A seashell pink shimmer from the American Beauty collection. This one was much too sheer for my tastes, even after two coats. It might work as a topcoat over another color to add some interest, but I usually keep my polish simple and have never used two colors on the same nail before. Don't really care for this one.

Maya 

http://akaterri.blogspot.com
two coats of Maya polish
A peachy pink shimmer from the Classic With A Twist collection. I'm not usually a fan of pinks, but this one isn't too girly and would make a fun polish for Spring and Summer. Had some chipping on the tips after two days, but also had a chip on the middle of one of my nails. Never had that problem before, so not sure what happened.


Overall, was happy with my first mystery box and loved purple Charlotte!