Friday, April 19, 2013

April Birchbox

Birchbox teamed up with Women's Health this month to put together the April box! It includes editor-approved products that will help get our beauty routines in shape for the season. With a build-up like that, how could I resist ordering one?

http://akaterri.blogspot.com/
tiny tweaks, big results
My first look at my April box. Nice colorful change from the usual brown box!

http://akaterri.blogspot.com/
first look
The information card


http://akaterri.blogspot.com/
box 23
Mighty Leaf tea pouches in Chamomile Citrus, Green Tea Tropical, and Organic Earl Grey. I love tea, so am excited to try these!
Caudalie Divine Oil - a multi-tasking wonder that's supposed to give skin hair, and nails a gorgeous glow. Oils make me nervous as I think my hair/skin is oily enough, but I'll give it a try.
Nexxus Youth Renewal Rejuvenating Elixir - a shine boosting serum that's supposed to cure dry stands and reduce age-related breakage. I have oily hair, so again am nervous about this one. 
StriVectin-SD Eye Concentrate for wrinkles - what's with all the anti-aging stuff? Wrinkle cream? Really? Is Birchbox trying to tell me something? ha!
Mirenesse Glossy Kiss lip pencil - a Birchbox exclusive, this lip pencil is awesome! I received the Flirty Kiss shade, which seems to be the boldest color. Very easy to apply!
Free Subscription to Women's Health magazine -  a card was included in the box that you can mail in for a free one year magazine subscription. Nice! Even nicer is that you can receive a $9.99 rebate if you're not interested in the magazine.  

http://akaterri.blogspot.com/
prettier picture from Birchbox.com
So while Birchbox is not my favorite subscription, I liked this box better than last month. Jury is still out on whether or not I'll keep or cancel it though. Despite filling out my profile that I wanted fragrance, I seem to be one of the few people who hasn't received a perfume sample. And what's with all the aging products? Birchbox, are you saying you think I'm old? ha!


2 comments:

  1. This bos was pretty much free because of the Woman's Health subscription! I like when they send me wrinkle stuff,. Maybe it's because I am old???

    Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll never admit to being old, so the wrinkle creams still annoy me. Need to get over that and give them a try though, as I might be surprised. But I'm still not old! *L*

    ReplyDelete