Saturday, March 30, 2013

March Birchbox

AKA Terri

Excited to receive my first Birchbox this month, as I keep reading rave reviews! I think I suffer from The Grass Is Always Greener Syndrome, as I had a serious case of box envy when I compared my box to what other subscribers received. 

AKA Terri
info card
The box is packaged nicer than other boxes I've received, with the information card right on top of some pretty red tissue paper.

AKA Terri

According to the Birchbox website (and the info card), this was my March box. They take better pictures than I do. Here's what my box looked like under the tissue paper:

AKA Terri
first look
Shaving cream, moisture tint, and a little envelope were the first things I saw after opening the box.

AKA Terri
unboxed
Opened the little envelope to find blemish serum and a headband. Notice anything missing? The ginormous emery board wasn't in the box. That was the one thing that everyone received, but mine was missing. Very disappointed, as that's the one thing I'd be guaranteed to use. Emailed customer service and they said they would send me a replacement. Yea for customer service!

The contents:

twistband headband in silver - looks cheap and didn't hold all of my hair back while washing my face
Whish shave crave shaving cream - strong blueberry scent and left my skin feeling a little slimy. Think plain soap and water works better.
Evologie Intensive Blemish Serum - tried on a small blemish and it turned into a giant red cyst! yikes!
Youngblood Mineral Radiance Moisture Tint - not yet tried
Madewell for Birchbox emery board - missing from box, still haven't received a replacement

Overall, am not impressed with my box. I'm going to give them one more month since it's not that expensive, but will cancel if next month is also disappointing.