Friday, March 1, 2013

Hiccup with Little Black Bag

http://akaterri.blogspot.com/

After seeing so many YouTube videos and posts about Little Black Bag, I was excited to try it for myself! Sounded unique and fun, and I even wrote a post about my First Little Black Bag Experience.

My bag closed on 2/20, a Wednesday. Excited to receive my items, I kept checking the site to see if it had shipped yet. When the status still showed In Process and they hadn't charged my credit card by Monday, I sent a quick email to ask if there was a problem. I had been told by other buyers that they charge you as soon as your bag closes, so I was worried that maybe one of my items was on backorder or something.

Received a call Monday afternoon from LBB customer service. A very nice agent named Stephanie explained that when she tried to release my bag, she accidentally cancelled it instead. Yikes!

While she was on the phone, she had me open a new bag and she replaced two of the items with things that had been in my original bag. Unfortunately, the third item was no longer available and she asked me to take a quick look to see if there was anything else she could replace it with. While I was looking, she let me know that item 3 had come back in stock and asked if I still wanted it. Yes please! She even threw an extra item into my bag, I guess as an appeasement.

So now I had an open bag with my three original items and an extra! Decided to try my hand at trading again, but didn't do very well. Did exchange the bonus necklace Stephanie gave me for earrings I really liked, but wound up with four pair of earrings!

Not sure if it was because it was the end of the month and people were waiting for the March bags or if I'm just really bad at trading, but didn't have much luck. Kept getting lowball offers. I mean c'mon folks! Would anyone in their right mind trade a $30 pair of earrings for a candy bar? pfft!

Just received an email that my order has shipped, so am further along the process than I was earlier this week! Looking forward to receiving them and seeing how they'll look in real life. Four pairs of earrings for $29.95 isn't bad at all! Now if I can just resist opening another bag.... 


2 comments:

  1. How does trading on there work? It seems kinda confusing?

    Ramblings of a Suburban Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not too confusing once you've opened your bag. If you see a product you like, you click on the word Trade and pictures of all of the items in your bag pop up. You just click on the item(s) you want to offer and submit the offer.

    I don't have a trading strategy as I'm still new at this, so I just offer trades for things I like. Some of the other buyers are serious shoppers and have all kinds of strategies!

    Hope this helped!

    ReplyDelete