Monday, March 4, 2013

Harajuku Love Fragrance - Not love at first smell...

http://akaterri.blogspot.com/

Harajuku Lovers Love Perfume by Gwen Stefani. 

Harajuku Lovers perfume has to win the award for some of the cutest bottles around, as I absolutely love the little girls! Never picked up a bottle as I was afraid I'd want to collect the whole set, but couldn't resist when I saw this one on sale at Marshalls. Thought it was time I tried it, as you couldn't beat the price!

According to the information I found online:  the top notes include sparkling bergamot, pink pomelo, peach, and bamboo leaf mist; the middle notes include water peony, living hydroponic lace rose, jasmine sambac, nectarine, creamy paperwhites, and egyptian jasmine; and the bottom notes include ylang ylang, vanilla orchid, sensual musk, and blonde wood.

Because of the bottle and the association with Gwen Stefani, I really wanted to like this scent. And I do. But unfortunately, the scent is just too light and doesn't last. Even when I reapply it, the scent soon fades. Very disappointing, and I'm glad now that I didn't pay full price or collect the whole set.

The Good

Cute bottle
Pleasing scent
Can be found on sale as several different retailers

The Bad

Scent is too light
Has no staying power

Verdict

Will finish the bottle, but will not buy again

4 comments:

  1. That's what originally drew me in, as I fell in love with the bottles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed, the bottles are TOO CUTE...the fragrance doesn't stick around all day though; however, spritz a smidge on your collar and you'll be good to go. ^_^ I like LOVE but BABY won out for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Am trying to resist buying all the bottles, as I'm a sucker for cute! Will try your suggestion of spritzing on my clothes, as it drives me crazy when the scent disappears. :(

    ReplyDelete