Friday, March 15, 2013

Biore Acne Clearing Scrub

http://akaterri.blogspot.com/

Biore is a well known brand and since I've used and liked a few of their other products, I was excited to see that they have a new acne treatment! Still get occasional breakouts, so always on the lookout for new treatments. I decided to try it for one week before submitting my review to Amazon Vine.

Was a little unsure about how to use the product, as the directions are incredibly vague. Don't believe me? Take a look:

How to Use:  Wet face. Squeeze product into hands. Massage over entire face and neck. Rinse thoroughly with water.

That's it. Those are the entire directions on the bottle. I went to the Biore website to see how much product to use and how often, but no luck. Found the product description:

Product Description:  Biore Acne Scrub targets deep down dirt and oil that can cause blemishes without damaging skin's moisture barrier. With daily use, skin's condition will continually improve.

That's the only way I knew that this was a daily cleanser, but they don't make searching for info easy! 

The first time I used it, I squeezed out a quarter-sized dollop. Much too much! A dime-sized dollop seemed to work best. 

The first thing I noticed was the citrus fragrance. Reminded me of oranges, but wasn't too overpowering. The cleanser has a very granular feel to it, but didn't feel too rough on my face. It wasn't easy to thoroughly rinse off all of the little grainy bits, which didn't dissolve completely no matter how long I washed or how much water I used. And there was a slight burning sensation by the third day, and it left my face red. The redness soon went away, but think I'll switch from daily use to every 2-3 days.

The Good

Pleasing citrus scent
Face felt nice & smooth after only one use
No new breakouts during the week trial period

The Bad

Vague directions
Hard to thoroughly rinse off
Slight burning sensation
Redness

Verdict

While I didn't care for the slight burn, I was pleased with the overall results and will continue using this product. I'm going to switch from daily use to a few times a week and see if that gives my face enough time to heal between treatments and prevent the burn/redness. Overall, I liked it and will consider buying once this sample runs out.


Product received from Amazon Vine in exchange for an honest review